[kdepim-users] Exchange email & spam filtering

Chris Glasoe crglasoe at gmail.com
Tue May 28 22:25:46 BST 2013

I am using OpenSuSE 12.3, KDE 4.10.5.

Back in the day I used spam filtering but with the introduction of Kmail2 I
discovered that one IMAP email hosted on an Exchange server would keep
downloading the same email over and over when filtering was active on that or
all accounts.

I have since discovered that by turning off spam filtering for that IMAP account
the situation resolves itself and I only receive one copy of any given email.

I have reported this as a bug in the past that is reported as being a duplicate of
one of many other bugs.  Sorry I am not technical enough to sort those out.
However for what it’s worth selectively turning off filtering to offending accounts
cured this problem for me.

I wonder if the same issue is not causing other filtering issues for others.  Try
turning spam filtering off for offending accounts to see if that resolves problems.