[kdepim-users] MS Exchange IMAP dysfunctions consistently

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sun May 26 06:48:55 BST 2013

On 26/05/2013 01:49, E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been having this problem consistently for about 2 months now on Fedora
> 18 and KDE/ Kontact 4.10.3 (although previous versions also had this problem).
> Once the Akonadi is launched, typically by launching KDEPIM, I have about 5-10
> minutes to do my stuff with my work email resource, which is a disconnected
> IMAP resource form an MS Exchange 2010 server. Once this time is up, this
> resource is killed, becomes offline, the mail account font turns to red, and I
> cannot do anything unless I restart the Akonadi server again. I tried
> recreating the resource with a new name but same behavior happened. All of the
> other disconnected IMAP resources (all gmail) work fine.
>
> Has anybody encountered this problem? And if so, any suggestions or solutions?

Just to let you know that on Kubuntu 12.10 with KDE 4.10.3 my dIMAP
account to Office365 (exchange on internet "cloud") works just fine.

So in other words no, I do not see that problem. I have not set any
accounts to check mail on startup though as I am frequently offline when
I boot and/or start Kontact.

Regards,
Sinclair