[kdepim-users] me too

huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Tue May 21 23:07:22 BST 2013

Yeah I'm coming around to this way of thinking too.  Over the last few weeks
I've hopped between quite a few distros and thus tried numerous versions of
KDE.  Most times I was thwarted by a nasty bug (which the KDE devs refused to
acknowledge) which prevented me using my IMAP mail account with Kontact.

I eventually settled on Debian, thinking that a sufficiently old version of KDE
would work, and it did...but it's full of other bugs.  Absolutely riddled with
them.  At the moment the worst bug is Kontact crashing every time I try to
send an encrypted email.  I've had enough.

My absolute last ditch attempt to work with KDE will be to install Arch over
the weekend.  If I still can't work with KDE when my installed version will be
as close to "pure" - and as up to date - as possible, then I'll just throw in
the towel and go back to Gnome and Evolution.

Huw