[kdepim-users] Reading Google's calendar

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat May 25 13:11:16 BST 2013

On 24/05/13 22:52, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2013 03:54:19 PM Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> 've just set up Kontact on Mageia 3.  My Google mail is being
>
>> collected, but I am unable to activate the Google calendar
>> resource.
>
>> The error message says
>

>> Requested resource is forbidden
>
>> Google replied 'Insufficient Permission'
>

>> I can't see any place to set the password, so assumed that if
>> I'm
>
>> logged in for mail it would accept that.  What have I missed?
>

> * Right click the Google Calender resource in Kontact (or
> AkonadiConsole) * Calender Properties * "Google Calendars and
> Tasks" * Add Account * This brings an embedded web page for logging
> on to your google account * Grant access to your google claendars
> and tasks
>

> If you're alreasdy done the above I'd suggest removing the
> calendar and re-adding it.

Thanks for trying to help.

It turned out that there was one failed attempt left in the resources
stack.  When I removed that nothing seemed to be any different at
first, but some seconds later it became obvious that the login had
been accepted.  After giving it time to complete its sync I could see
my Google calendars listed in KOrganizer, but the calendar looked
empty.  It took maybe a minute or so after which I saw the first
entries appearing, and gradually it filled up.

The only other check that was necessary was whether libkgapi was
installed.  Mageia call it libkgapi0, and yes, it was installed.

I'm giving the detail, because it may help someone else reading the
archives.  The summary, then, is

1) Make sure no failed attempts are lurking anywhere
2) If you don't get an obvious error message you may need a little
patience before things clearly work.

Anne