[kdepim-users] me too

Peter Humphrey peter at humphrey.ukfsn.org
Wed May 22 09:53:49 BST 2013

On Tuesday 21 May 2013 23:07:22 huw wrote:

> My absolute last ditch attempt to work with KDE will be to install Arch
> over the weekend.  If I still can't work with KDE when my installed
> version will be as close to "pure" - and as up to date - as possible,
> then I'll just throw in the towel and go back to Gnome and Evolution.

Or you could try Gentoo. I run it happily here with KDE 4.10.2. Not long ago
I posted a file to mask out Kmail2, and with that in place I keep to the last
stable Kmail that I know of: 1.13.7. Everything goes swimmingly.

Where I worked last, anyone who released any software in the state that
Kmail2 is in would very smartly have found himself out of a job. I know the
work is done mostly by volunteers in their own time, and of course I'm
grateful to them for their efforts, but even so, there's no excuse for such a
diabolical mess.

--
Peter