[kdepim-users] Akonadi & DAV contact synchronization fails

Alexander Puchmayr alexander.puchmayr at linznet.at
Mon Jul 1 19:46:53 BST 2013

Hi there,

I just encountered a problem regarding synchronization of contacts with my
owncloud server.

I'm using ownCloud 5.0.6 and kde-4.10.3 at the moment.

The problem: After it worked fine before my vacation, today I tried to add some
new contacts, but the adress book list kontact showed me was empty. (I
expected 97 entries). So I opened the web-interface of my ownclowd server, and
there all 97 entries were shown. I added the new contacts, and suddenly only
these new conctacts showed up in kontact, the rest was gone (but still
available in the web-interface).

Then I changed to my notebook, which also runs kde-4.10.3, and there I
encountered pretty much the same. Only the new contacts were shown.

I opened akonadi console, opened the browser tab, and there the tree showed
the excepted number of entries, but clicking on the owncloud carddav resource
opened *some* elements on the right side, but none of them with the expected
content (in fact, the CARDDAV resource showed only the calender entry I just
made before -- strange :-/ )

I clicked on "syncronize folder", no effect.
I restarted the DAV-Agent, no effect.
I logged out and in again, no effect.
At last I tried to remove the agent and reinstall it, then all my contacts
(even those I just modified in the web-interface) showed up correctly)

So, what is going on? How can it be that this agent loses the synchronization
and has to be *reinstalled* to get it working again?

Best regards
	Alex