[kdepim-users] problem with postgresql backend

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Fri Jul 26 06:33:37 BST 2013

Hello,

I have been facing some strange problems lately. I was using postgresql
backend(version 9.2.4)

First, all the mails were marked as unread with errors such as
-------
(22P02) QPSQL: Unable to create query"
Error during executing query "SELECT id, name FROM FlagTable WHERE ( name = (
:0 ) )" :  "ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type bytea
LINE 1: EXECUTE qpsqlpstmt_2f ('\SEEN')
-------

logged all over in .xsession-error and akonadi logs. Googling tells me that
its a problem with qt4 4.8.5 postgresql driver.

Not a show stopper, I can live with it till its fixed.

but since last two days, I was unable to download any mails from one of the
pop accounts, nor send it using the smtp account for the same. The error was
"unable to store downloaded item." while downloading the same.

Strangely my gmail pop account was working fine.

Finally since I could not afford to lose access to mail, I switched to mysql
backend, everything is working fine.

how can I debug this and turn it into a reasonable bug report?

environment
archlinux : 3.9.9/3.10.2
KDE : 4.10.5
kmail : 4.10.5