[kdepim-users] Kmail not recognising alt identity

Martin Skjöldebrand shieldfire at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 20:19:36 BST 2013

On Wednesday 17 July 2013 19.35.01 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Yeah, I've set a folder as belonging to my secondary identity.
> > Didn't change behaviour when sending emails.
>
> Were you actually in the correct folder when you pulled up the compose
> window?  You will probably find that replies do honour your choice
> because you are necessarily in that window.  You may have to click on
> the correct folder before opening the new message window.

Yes, when I create a new message I comes up with the correct identity
preselected. The mail uses the correct signature as well. And although the
email address is correct in Identity (on the Identities - General tab) it
still uses the mail address from the other identity.

> In KMail settings, on the Identities > Advanced tab?  That's usually
> where the problem lies.

Yes, both are empty.

/Martin S