[kdepim-users] ~/.Mail.directory

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Jul 4 19:42:21 BST 2013

On Thursday, July 04, 2013 04:42:45 AM Martin Steigerwald
<Martin at lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 4. Juli 2013, 02:03:56 schrieb Jerome Yuzyk:
> > On Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:27:55 AM Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > > I keep getting a    ~/.Mail.directory     created I think when I
> > > start KMail2. What's it used for? It contains some or all of a
> > > basic mail folder tree with no contents.
> >
> > I am wondering if this is the root of my problems, from
> >
> > http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=98929
> >
> >     "KMail 2 by default treats the folder given as a standard MBox -
> >     so some of your Mail would escape from the folder, and end up as
> >     /home/<username>/.Mail.directory/"
> >
> > with a prescription for fixing the situation, in the Feb 05, 2012
> > 11:25am post.
> >
> > Does this make sense?
>
> Jerome, I strongly suggest to just use your old KMail 1 mail directory,
> after having separated out all mbox folders (for later), and then point
> the local mail folders directory at it for migration.

That's what I did, or thought I did: pointed the maildir resource at
~/Mail.

> If you want to know where your mail resides look at:
>
> martin at merkaba:~/.kde/share/config> cat akonadi_maildir_resource_0rc
> [General]
> Path[$e]=$HOME/.local/share/local-mail
> TopLevelIsContainer=true

Mine says:

[General]
Path[$e]=$HOME/Mail

I am missing that third line. Maybe I can put it back in. The only place in
my whole .kde/share tree that has that line is the akonotes resource.

> There may be other maildir resources or even mbox or mixedmail
> resources. "ls akonadi*" can give you a list of whats configured.

I only have the maildir resource.