[kdepim-users] kmail2 sync > akonadi db sync ???

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Tue Jan 22 06:47:05 GMT 2013

Am 21.01.2013 22:35, schrieb Andras Mantia:

>> Do i have to sync to sync everything in .local/share/akonadi ?
>> .kde4/share/config/akonadi* ?
>> .config/akonadi/* ?
>
> Usually, no, unless you *want* to sync also the database.

So all the minor problems if DB and local folder are out of sync are
gone? I remeber the time where mail-folders and filters got an internal
ID if they first appear (the ID was a simple counter started by 1
afaik). So if you copy the kmail config and mails the folder IDs in the
DB changes but did not in the filter setting and by this a simple delete
on the trash folder could kill all mails in your inbox (an example - may
be any other folder).

I remeber someone said on the kmail devel mailing list that copying
mails and config without the akonadi DB is not supported. So is the
akonadi DB a simple cache (as standard features are affected)?

As I lost mails three times by this error (about two years ago thou) I
am a little bit on the paranoia side.

Martin