[kdepim-users] Well I'm stumped.

Allan Topp ad707 at ncf.ca
Mon Jan 7 20:41:05 GMT 2013

I want to transfer my kaddressbook data to a new computer.

The existing one is 4.4.5 and has a Personal Contacts book with a couple
of hundred entries AND a dozen sub folders each containing dozens of
entries.

If I try to export "everything" (i.e. include sub folders) I do not get
them and the entries are not clean - in some cases one contact shows up
three times.  And this is true with ldif and vcard.

If I try to export the subfolders individually by renaming them, I end
up with only one file called addressbook.  I'm not sure what it's doing
- ignoring the export or overwriting or changing it back to addressbook.

Either way I am getting nowhere.

Can someone please help.

TIA