[kdepim-users] KDE-PIM and Akonadi

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Thu Jan 17 16:23:08 GMT 2013

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:55:53 +0100, Thomas Mohr wrote:

> Please reintroduce the nice feature where kmail, kaddressbook
> etc read a simple file and contacted a simple IMAP and POP3 server directly
> without having to hassle with Databases, Servers running

  That would be great, but I don't think those involved in the work can
be expected to go into reverse after all the work they have put into
it.
  If only there were the right people available who could make such a
fork with KMail...

Thniking I had found a solution of using an unakonadified KMail in
recent distributions, I tried Trinity (TDE) under Mageia-2.
   At first I was very happy with the zippy performance if its KMail,
but sadly I had to stop using it when its KMail started occasionally
mishandling incoming  email in such a way that it became unusable.
--
/\/\aurice