[kdepim-users] KMail POP account: Cannot change password

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Jan 12 11:13:40 GMT 2013

Am Dienstag, 8. Januar 2013 schrieb Jim MacLeod:
> On Tuesday 08 Jan 2013 16:58:29 Maurice Batey wrote:
[…]
> > And iof I then enable  KWallet in System Settings, then KWallet keeps
> > butting into KMail sessions.
> >

> > Anyone know of a solution to this, please ?
>
> KWallet keeps all settings for POP3 but you can change its password to
> 'blank'  so you don't need to enter anything. Make sure it's not set to
> 'exit when last app closes' and hopefully it should leave you in peace.

And has security implications.

Anyone getting a hold of your wallet has immediate access to all passwords
in it if you do not protect it with a password.

Your decision of cause, but bank cards has a PIN for a reason :)

I have read about some fixes of KWallet handling in KMail for recent KDE
versions. But I bet KDE  SC 4.8.5 may not contain these fixes yet.

Ciao,