[kdepim-users] Kmailrc & Kmail2rc

Chris Glasoe crglasoe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 22:27:10 GMT 2013

I recently looked at the contents of these two files trying to understand
why my filters weren’t working and also to follow up on the post from
Jan Kowalsky about the missing “sync” button.  A button that I do not
ever remember seeing in the OpenSuSE Kontact.  Jan makes reference
to the Kmailrc file and adding in a line to enable Groupware.

I noticed that in the both rc files there are numerous filter entries that I
have established over time but are no longer showing up in my most
recent 4.10 installation.  Are either of these files needed and why all of
the old filter entries?  Can I delete one or both?  Can I delete all rc files
related to Kontact and will Kontact recreate them fresh?

Next question is the sync button.  In my understanding of syncing I
would want to make an entry say in my personal Kontact calendar and
then have Kontact sync with my Gmail calendar and my eGroupware
calendar without me having to make another entry.

In my installation I have to show my Gmail and eGroupware calendars.
Of maybe I should say that they are activated in through the Akonadi
feature.  But I have to manually make an entry in each calendar.  This is
true with contacts.

So there is no sync occurring.  So what am I missing or doing wrong?