[kdepim-users] integration with gmail

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 21:43:02 GMT 2013

Hi all,

Lately, I have been having issues with my gmail accounts on several points:

1. Sometimes, when Kontact launches, it complaints about a Google Calendar
source being forbidden. Everything seems to work just fine though. The only
minor nuiscance I noticed is when a new appointment is added to the Google
Calendar, it looks like a duplicate of that appointment is also added. If the
duplicate is erased, the whole appointment is gone. If you exit the Calendar
page in Kontact and come back, you would see that there is only one
appointment in that spot, as if the duplicate has never been there.

2. Adding contacts to Google Contact resource through Kontact has always been
tricky in my experience. Multiple notifications appear on KDE notification area,
complaining about the inability to create/add the contact. However, if you
browse Gmail contacts from a browser, you will confirm that the contact was
added. Today I noticed for the first time that when a picture is added to a
particular contact via web browser, it didn't show up in the Kontact vCard.

3. When I reply or forward emails from my gmail account, I always receive a
warning from the notification area about some task was not accomplished due to
inappropriate request, in addition to the confirmatory notification about the
email to be sent. I speculate that this notification is probably indicating
that some attribute of the email cannot be changed on the imap server, since I
cannot see a change in the small email envelop icon on the email list window
changing to one with an arrow, indicating either replied or forwarded status.

I have not change my local .kde folder for several years now. Therefore, some
of these behaviors may be products of accumulation of conflicting kontact
settings during these years. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

I am currently on Fedora 20, KDE 4.11.4.

Thanks,

Hakan