[kdepim-users] recurrent mysqld socket connection problem

E. Hakan Duran ehakanduran at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 08:35:53 GMT 2013

Hi all,

During the last couple of days, I have been having recurrent problems in
launching Kontact. It doesn't open normally reporting error to connect to the
Dbus session of Mysql, either settings being very wrong or complaining
corruption of InnoDB files. After doing some Google search, I moved these files
(ib_logfile0, ib_logfile1, ibdata1)) from $HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_data to
another folder and copied them back with the following command:
cp -a ib* $HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_data
Most of the time it worked. A few times it didn't, and after loging out and in
a few times, it finally worked again. However, there is no telling what it will
do the next time I login to KDE.

I made backups of akonadi database, kdepim settings and kwallet stuff, assuming
that this was due to database corruption. However, I don't know if it is worth
to erase the whole thing and restore it from the backup. I don't want to spend
hours and at the end still lose data. Any bright suggestions are welcome.

I guess this is another down side of dealing with akonadi/mysql database
structure. I have to admit I am yet to see an advantage of this decision after
3 years maybe? Sorry for ranting.

I am currently on Fedora 20, KDE 4.11.4.

Thanks,

Hakan