[kdepim-users] First send always fails until .....

ianseeks ianseeks at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 10:31:37 GMT 2013

HI

Every first send of an email from Kmail (4.11.4) opensuse 12.3 I get this
message "Failed to transport message. Your SMTP server does not support PLAIN.
Choose a different authentication method. The server responded: "5.7.0
Incorrect username or password. (#MBR1212)".  All subsequent attempts to
resend fial until i do this:-
"Setting/Configure Kmail/Accounts/Sending/"select outgoing
account"/Modify/Advanced/Auto Detect".
The Autodetect dialogue flashes to show it "did" the job but the settings
remain the same. If i now reopen the email sitting in the Outbox and send, it
works.
It also happens with the first reply instead of a compose/send.
I always use the "New Mailing list email" option as i only use this account
for mailing lists.
I also had this problem with Kmail (4.11.1) on opensuse 12.3

On my other login that i use for all other communication, it seems to work
fine.  I want to see if this can be fixed without creating a new user etc.

regards

Ian