[kdepim-users] What keeps enabling HTML in KMail?

Upscope upscope at nwi.net
Sun Aug 18 20:42:42 BST 2013

What version of KDE and kmail are you using?

in KDE 4.11.00 Only setting I found was under Config kmail.

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:27:45 AM Maurice wrote:
> Something somewhere in KDE (on Mageia-3) keeps re-enabling HTML in
> Kmail's Composer (both in Composer/Options and Config Kmail/'Reply
> using HTML').
>
> This has just happened on the SO's PC, and she is not into changing
> such options deliberately herself.
>    The change appears to coincide with my enabling Composer's spell
> checking (which needed a change in System Settings/Locale/Spell
> checking) on her machine.
>
> I've also had this happen on my m/c, e.g. after a s/w update.
>
> In fact it has happened so often that I now have a weekly reminder to
> check the settings!
>
> Anyone else found this? Is there a cure?!
>
> --
> /\/\aurice
> 	(Retired in Surrey, UK)     Registered Linux User #487649
> 		    Linux 32-bit Mageia-3:   Pan 0.139
>           KDE 4.10.2  Virtualbox 4.2.16   Firefox 17.0.8   KMail
> 4.10.2

What version of KDE and kmail are you using?

in KDE 4.11.00 on openSUSE 12.3, Only setting I found was under Config
kmail.
 Rely or foward with html if present. mine is not checked.

Nothing under Composer-->Options.

I have seen your problem in past KDE versions after an update.

--
openSUSE 12.3(Linux 3.10.7-1.g771dec3-desktop)|KDE 4.11.00 |Intel
core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB DDR3|GeForce 8400GS