[kdepim-users] Address completion in Kmail 4.10.2 [SOLVED?]

Maurice maurice at bcs.org.uk
Fri Aug 16 12:10:21 BST 2013

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 06:41:08 +0200, O. Sinclair wrote:

> if you do not want to do it via Akonadiconsole here is cli command:
> qdbus org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control /AgentManager
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.AgentManager.restartAgentInstance
> "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder"

Thank you for that - and the scripts, O.
Preferable to calling akonadiconsole, but would prefer the automatic
approach as the SO is not up to any hands-on commands like that.

On my own m/c, today Address Completion is still finding the new
address, but if I then add another new one it doesn't find that until
I've done akonadiconsole again.

Seems that when the feeder is restarted it re-indexes the addressbook,
which says that even if it is re-started automatically at boot up it
will still fail to find any new address added subsequently.

In other words any change to the addressbok will not be picked up
until the feeder is restarted. So it really needs restarting at
frequent intervals?  Great...

--
/\/\aurice