[kdepim-users] Address completion in Kmail 4.10.2 [SOLVED?]

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 07:23:45 BST 2013

On 16/08/2013 06:41, O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 15/08/2013 22:36, Maurice wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 19:53:59 +0200, O. Sinclair wrote:
>>
>>> on my 4.10.5 system I have to start that feeder on every boot
>>
>>    What is the command to do that, please?
>>
>>    (And why doesn't the system do that automatically, one wonders...)
>>
> if you do not want to do it via Akonadiconsole here is cli command:
> qdbus org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control /AgentManager
> org.freedesktop.Akonadi.AgentManager.restartAgentInstance
> "akonadi_nepomuk_feeder"
>
> all in one line of course
>
> you can put it in a script to autostart, for some reason that does not
> work for me though

Here are 2 scripts that work for me, the first to be put as autostarting
and then calling the second:

#!/bin/bash

#Restart ANF in the background, don't block KDE start-up
/home/sinclair/scripts/delayRestartANF.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 &

second script (delayRestartANF.sh)
#!/bin/bash

#Give nepomuk and akonadi time (in seconds) to start
sleep 15

#Check status of ANF
FeederStatus=`qdbus org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_nepomuk_feeder
/ org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.Status.isOnline`

#If status still false
if [ "$FeederStatus" = "false" ];then
   #Restart ANF
   qdbus org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control /AgentManager
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.AgentManager.restartAgentInstance
"akonadi_nepomuk_feeder"
fi

obviously change location of script to whatever you prefer and on how
much sleep is needed you need to experiment

/Sinclair