[kdepim-users] What about VCard directory shared addressbooks?

Henk van Velden henk.vanvelden at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 30 16:29:47 BST 2013

On Tuesday 30 April 2013 17:08:53 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> It mainly means that the program handling the directory won't automatically
> check for changes.
> I.e. if you change on of the files the data known to applications will
> still be the same and will be overwritten if any of those applications
> change the same contact.
>
> In theory this could be handled very similar to how the maildir handler
> manages its directories, i.e. monitor for changes by other programs.
> Limited man power has so far not allowed to apply those enchancements to
> the vcard directory handler yet.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Thanks, this seems to be a rather to the point answer.

I understand from this that in our practical life, when I change an address,
my wife will not see this from her system immediatly, but after
stopping/starting Kontact (with normaly will be synchrone with a logout/login
at evening/morning). And when she during that session changes in the same
vCard, my changes are lost.

And that wil be about the worst that can happen. Not nice, but I guess we can
live with that.

You also hint to the fact that this maybe solved in the future (without time
schedule).

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Henk van Velden