[kdepim-users] Fwd: Sent emails not being stored on server

Marek Janukowicz marek at janukowicz.net
Thu Apr 11 13:36:21 BST 2013

On Thursday 11 of April 2013 14:12:45 huw wrote:
> Nobody can think of anything?  I even opened a bug report which was
> promptly closed by someone telling me to configure my identity to use the
> remote sent folder - which I have done.  I've tried reinstalling Kontact
> and Kmail.  I've tried every different configuration I can think of.  The
> issue persists - sent emails are not being stored on the server.  This is
> broken!  I would really appreciate some help, please.

Yes, I think I can (somewhat) help you. This definitely *is* a bug, because
this is happening for me on 2 separate boxes - remote sent folder setting in
identity is plainly ignored.

What I do is I add "Sent-Mail folder" field ("View" menu) in new email dialog.
Then I set it to remote folder when sending each email. Yes, this is
cumbersome, but better than having no solution at all.

And KDE bug triage team - get a clue and stop closing bugs because you
misunderstood them or whatever.

--
Marek Janukowicz