[kdepim-users] KMail not updating source folders on move operations unless restarted

Maurice Batey maurice at bcs.org.uk
Fri Apr 19 16:38:49 BST 2013

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:22:25 +0200, O. Sinclair wrote:

> At this stage, in all honesty, I do not recommend KMail to anyone but
> "buffs".

After the akonadification mess I've tried to get away from KMail several
times (Evolutuion, Thunderbird), but suffered withdrawal symptoms and
eventually returned to the fold.
   The show-stopper that prevented me migrating from KDE 4.5.2 to KMail2 was
the broken Find Messages facility, so eventually I cobbled together my own
ad hoc version of that and now I'm happy with KMail2.

> My wife would go mad and clients/colleagues would say WTF.

   The SO uses now uses Linux and Kmail(1) and is quite happy with it.
Doesn't miss Windows at all!
--
/\/\aurice
	(Retired in Surrey, UK)     Registered Linux User #487649