[kdepim-users] How actually to migrate? (was: KMail from KDEPIM 4.10.2 with POP3)

Wilhelm Boltz lists at boltzclan.de
Sat Apr 20 18:44:17 BST 2013

Hej Martin,

Am Samstag, 20. April 2013, 17:51:51 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> [...]
>
> I am willing to try again, but I really like to have a plan, a
> clear picture on how the migration is going to work. I didn´t
> found any clear instruction on userbase.kde.org.
>

> I just held a Linux Performance analysis and training course last
> week, but today I admit I just don´t know how to migrate to
> KDEPIM 2 in a good practice way.
>
> What is supposed to work?
>
> Calendar and addressbook are no issue. But mail is a big huge mess
> to get sorted out nicely it seems to me. I use mail daily. It
> *has* to work. Stably, reliably. Period.
>
> Now I let sit this for at least another week, maybe I get a
> clearer picture with some time.
>
> Ciao,

A pretty while ago I've installed my own IMAP server (dovecot -
postfix - fetchmail - sieve) on my desktop pc at home due to
reported issues here and elsewhere. That works nice (stable,
reliable, accessible for laptop via home net - what else do You
need?), and it works with kmail.

Best wishes.
Willi