[kdepim-users] Fwd: Sent emails not being stored on server

Chris Glasoe crglasoe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 17:16:03 BST 2013

I hope a clean install works.  I too have been frustrated with whole Kmail
Akonadi issue since 4.4.x.  One thing I did discover (which you may have
already tried) was to make sure that I aligned all the repositories
correctly.

OpenSuSE 12.3 OS repository has KDE as does the KDE 4.10.  For
whatever reason at some point I ended up with incorrect version of KDE.
Some from OS some from KDE.

Yesterday I started having problems similar to those mentioned through
out this discussion.  The most troubling was an error saying that
Akonadi could not connect to the MySQL database.  Everything worked
fine until yesterday.  I began to think that all of the email associated with
this discussion had in someway infected my system.

Today I made sure that KDE points to the KDE repositories (Core, Extra,
and Playground).  All of the issues mentioned through out this
discussion have disappeared.

Just a suggestion.  In the past I have followed all of the advice about
trying this or that and only confused the issue and reached the point as
well of considering a move back to Windows just so I could get on with
work and life.

Proper alignment of all the moving pieces makes the machine run
much smoother.