[kdepim-users] How actually to migrate?

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Mon Apr 22 12:50:53 BST 2013

Am Sonntag, 21. April 2013 schrieb O. Sinclair:
> > I get more and more the impression, that I better import my old
> > mails from the KMail ~/Mail folder than to have maildir resource
> > synchronize with it directly. I thought the maildir resource would
> > work if I made sure that no mbox files are left in the ~/Mail
> > folder. I made sure about that. But maybe there are other subtile
> > differences that might cause data loss?
>
> Well, as far as I can now remember (this was some years ago) I moved
> my maildir directories to a separate location, started with a fresh
> (as in empty) KMail installation, recreated my accounts and imported
> my mail folders using the KMail importer. Had very problems, this was
> actually how Kubuntu recommended you do it back then as the migrator
> had known problems.

I have another question on importing mails. I found that it would not import
to the root folder of the "Local Folders" but I have to create a sub folder
to import it. Thats where I skipped this on Saturday.

Did you move all folders out of that sub folder again to have them under the
top the folder hierarchy? If so, did that work without moving i.e. copying
and deleting all mails again?

Thanks,