[kdepim-users] IMAP filtering (like pop filtering in kmail 1)

Thomas Tanghus Olsen thomas at tanghus.net
Sun Sep 2 20:28:32 BST 2012

On Sunday 02 September 2012 01:30 Xavier Brochard wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there a way to do some IMAP filtering, like it was for POP, i.e.
> filtering before downloading email?
> I'm looking for a way to not download all my emails when I'm force to use
> another computer. Filtering on date, status, sender or subject would help.

IMAP filtering works OK for me on Subject and From when using
Settings=>Configure Filters... To make it work on other headers like CC and
List-Id you will have to select Folder Properties from the context menu of the
root of the account, select Retrieval=>"Always retrieve full message". In the
context menu of the inbox select Retrieval=>
"Use options from parent folder or account".

That's the only way I have gotten client side IMAP filtering to work although
it has worked earlier.

> And I can't use Sieve scripts, because a lot of hosting providers doesn't
> allow it.

I have the same problem with my hosting provider.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus Olsen