[kdepim-users] IMAP filtering (like pop filtering in kmail 1)

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sun Sep 2 13:01:54 BST 2012

On Sunday, 2012-09-02, Xavier Brochard wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there a way to do some IMAP filtering, like it was for POP, i.e.
> filtering before downloading email?
> I'm looking for a way to not download all my emails when I'm force to use
> another computer. Filtering on date, status, sender or subject would help.
>
> And I can't use Sieve scripts, because a lot of hosting providers doesn't
> allow it.

I don't think there is any support for this form of client side filtering.
Mostly because IMAP servers can have support for real server side filtering
(sieve, as already mentioned by you) and IMAP client only download full
messages on request (i.e. usually only do download minimal data per message
for listing).

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring