[kdepim-users] Address autocompletion no longer works after upgrade to 4.9

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Sep 3 07:24:54 BST 2012

On Søndag den 2. september 2012 21:52:07 Ian Turner wrote:
> On Sunday, September 02, 2012 08:44:42 AM Anders Lund wrote:
> > make sure nepomuk is running, and that your addressbooks are indexed.
>
> How do I check this? If I go to System Settings -> Desktop Search, I do
> observe that "Desktop search services are active", and "Enable email
> indexer" is checked.
>
> If I search for a contact using krunner, I do see both contacts and e-mails
> listed there. But if I clock on a contact, it just brings me to an empty
> dolphin window, like the attached, rather than a real contact. If I click on
> an e-mail it brings up the e-mail.
>
> --Ian

I believe one thing that can be done is editing
~/.kde4/share/config/akonadi_nepomuk_feederrc to say

[InitialIndexing]
InitialIndexingComplete=true

(leave other content as is)

I also experience that first time in a session, it can take very long time
(like 10-15 seconds) before kmail decides to show the completion options.

--
Anders