[kdepim-users] Kontact - KDE 4..9.1.: server for IMAP account refuses username and password.

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Oct 1 16:25:56 BST 2012

On Monday, October 01, 2012 05:16:17 PM Bas Roufs wrote:
> Hello Andras and Everybody,
>
> Thanks for your attempt to bring clarity with respect to the problem.
>
> > The problem is on the server side, the server replied with that error (I
> > think it is clear enough).
>
> A superficial look at the error report woulld this conclusion. On the
> other hand: see below.
>
> > You should check the server configurations

I mean the configuration on the *server side* (not the configuration in KMail),
if you have access to the server.

> Already several times, I have been working perfectly well with exactly
> the same configurations - even within exactly the same combination of
> KDE 4.9.1 along with Kubuntu 12.04. Moreover, I have been using
> settings recommended by Google all the time. It worked quite well,
> until today. Because of all this, I am doubting whether the problem is
> really on the server side. Could there be any bug which explains the
> problem I am dealing with?

>From the error it could happen that there was a high amount of traffic for some
reason and your account is locked now, that's why you get the error.
Or something else triggered the locking.

> > or inform the system administrator of the server about the problem.
>
> First I want to clarify everything on the KDE side.

If you want, try with another mail client to access the account through imap.
I'd not be surprised if you run into the same problem.

Andras