[kdepim-users] Kontact - KDE 4..9.1.: server for IMAP account refuses username and password.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 16:16:17 BST 2012

Hello Andras and Everybody,

Thanks for your attempt to bring clarity with respect to the problem.

> The problem is on the server side, the server replied with that error (I
> think it is clear enough).

A superficial look at the error report woulld this conclusion. On the
other hand: see below.

> You should check the server configurations

Already several times, I have been working perfectly well with exactly
the same configurations - even within exactly the same combination of
KDE 4.9.1 along with Kubuntu 12.04. Moreover, I have been using
settings recommended by Google all the time. It worked quite well,
until today. Because of all this, I am doubting whether the problem is
really on the server side. Could there be any bug which explains the
problem I am dealing with?

> or inform the system administrator of the server about the problem.

First I want to clarify everything on the KDE side.
Respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs.

--
====================