[kdepim-users] Kontact - KDE 4..9.1.: server for IMAP account refuses username and password.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:32:01 BST 2012

Hello Everybody,

at two different netbooks, I have a fresh install of Kubuntu 12.04
along with KDE 4.9.1. At both of them, the whole Kontact suite seems
to function - except Kmail.
The core issue  is the  IMAP account for incoming mail: it refuses the
username and password, though I have given in the correct ones. The
exact text of the error report is as follows:

"Could not authenticate - BasRoufs at gmail.com in.
The server for account "BasRoufs at gmail.com in" refused the supplied
username and password. Do you want to go to the settings, have another
attempt at logging in or do nothing?

Login failed, server replied: A000002 NO Account exceeded command or
bandwith limits. (Failure). [ALERT]."

See also the little screenshot, coming with this message.

Every attempt to get this IMAP account agent started, ends up in this
error report. At present, I have no clue for fixing the problem. Also
a "workaround" I cannot find so far.

Any thought or suggestion?
Thanks, respectfully yours,
Bas Roufs..