[kdepim-users] "Conflict resolution" message(s)

Graham P Davis newsboy at scarlet-jade.com
Thu Oct 11 12:02:17 BST 2012

On Wed, 10 Oct 2012 16:13:13 -0600
Russ Kepler <russ at kepler-eng.com> wrote:

> I often get a "Conflict resolution" message when in mail, the
> attached when I sent a reply to an email I'd recently received.  I
> don't really know what these messages are for and I tend to simply
> "take the left one".
>
> Can someone explain what causes these and maybe some way to eliminate
> them?

They're a feature of kmail2. I eliminated them by not using it. Now
using Claws for mail, RSS and NNTP; Lightning for my calendar.

I thought the problem might be associated with kmail downloading mails
it has already downloaded. This also used to happen with kmail1 but
became more obvious with kmail2 due to the conflict messages. I thought
my use of POP3 whilst keeping mail on the server might be the cause so
switched to IMAP but that made no difference.

--
Graham P Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
OS: Linux: openSUSE 12.2 (64-bit); KDE 4.9.2.