[kdepim-users] What causes a subject to be visible only in the headers?

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Oct 2 16:34:29 BST 2012

On Monday 01 Oct 2012 19:29:05 Anne Wilson wrote:

> I have three messages that were moved by hand into a folder.  In the
> message list they show no subject.  One of them is completely blank no
> matter what you do - fortunately it wasn't too important, because it
> looks to be totally lost.  The other two show no subject or sender.
> They show today's date, which is totally wrong.  However, the preview
> pane displays both of them perfectly, including the original date in
> August.
>
> I don't suppose there is much we can do about this, but I do wonder
> what caused it.
>
> Anne

I've no problems moving emails within the folders that were
created/read/received under the new system but i cannot move emails between
the new kmail data folders and the old kmail data folders i have configured in
the system.
I don't always get access to read the old style emails, i just get a message
saying "retrieving.. please wait" (or something like that) and it never
completes.  I've also had times where i get the email but it had no body to
it.

Ian