[kdepim-users] Downloading emails a second time in Kmail

Richard Leibrandt richard-lei at gmx.de
Mon Oct 22 10:04:21 BST 2012

Hello,
I am not sure whether I am using the correct mailing-list, please refer me to a better one if appropriate.

I have a problem with Kmail 4.8.5 using KDE 4.8.5. While I tried to move mails from one folder to another one, Kmail crashed and all the moved emails were lost - they were neither in the source folder nor in the destination folder. Thus I want to download those mails from my server once again - if possible only the mails that were lost, but if that's not an option, all the mails.

In KDE 3 the information which mails were already downloaded was kept in the variables "seenUidList", which were saved in the account-files in "~/.kde/share/apps/kmail". If those files were deleted, the corresponding emails were downloaded again.

So, how do I do this in KDE 4? Where is this kind of information saved - similar to "seenUidList"?

Please help me with this, thank you very much!

Best regards, Richard