[kdepim-users] Kmail messages remain on list, greyed out, and don't go away

James K Gruetzner jkgruet at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 4 23:03:49 BST 2012

Hi, all,

I've had no luck with searching for a solution, although I've found some
similar bug reports.  Anyway, if anyone has either a link to a solution or
some suggestions, I'd appreciate a pointer.

1. IMAP server, SSL.
2. In the "Inbox", when a message in the message list is deleted or moved to
another folder,
    a. The message info in the list returns, but is greyed out.
    b. The message can no longer be selected

Other information.
1. There may or may not be a short period during which the message in the
listing is actually gone before it returns.
2. Deleted Inbox messages are *not* getting removed from the IMAP server.
3. If I use another mailer (e.g., MSOutlook) and delete a message, then (after
"Send/Receive" in MSOutlook and "Check Mail" in KMail) the ghost messages will
become deleted.

Suspicion:  there is an error in the IMAP routine which syncs KMail (akonadi?)
with the IMAP server, such that KMail knows that a message has been deleted,
but fails to let the IMAP server know.

KMail/KDE:  4.9.2
System:  Fedora 17

Again, any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

Have a great day!
  James