[kdepim-users] Getting Constant Error Message

Pascal Hasko Bernhard pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 3 22:20:50 GMT 2012

Am Samstag, 3. November 2012, 08:32:12 schrieb O. Sinclair:
> On 03/11/2012 08:23, Pascal Hasko Bernhard wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > for about two weeks I keeping getting the following error message about
> > every 10-15 minutes after I had searched for a specific mail (But hadn't
> > been successful):
> >
> > Fehler bei der Suche.
> > Durchsuchen von Ordner INBOX ist fehlgeschlagen. Die Serverantwort
> > lautet: [CLIENTBUG] UID SEARCH error - Syntax of the search criteria is
> > invalid
> >
> > "Error when searching.
> > Search in folder INBOX failed. The server response is: [CLIENTBUG] UID
> > SEARCH error - Syntax of the search criteria is invalid"
> >

> > Kmail gives me two options, either CANCEL or CONTINUE
> > No matter what I select, the message keeps popping up regularly.
> >
> > And Kmail started to crash quite often, even when doing other things and
> > no error message was displayed. :-(((
> >
> > I looked for an answer on Google, but the two results I got, did not help
> > me. When doing the search, I did not set up a specific folder for the
> > search results.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying message?
> >
> > KDE 4.8.4
> > Kmail Version 1.13.7
>
> This may not be of much help to solve your specific problem but I
> believe that filter and search were heavily redesigned between version
> 4.8.x and 4.9.x .
>
> For me on 4.9.x (4.9.2 at the moment) Search works better than in a long
> time and filtering is less "oops it works, no it does not".
>
> So if you can, just upgrade. If not I recommend kdeforums as a really
> good place to find assistance.
>
> For this problem though I have no real help, have never seen anything
> like it.

Thanks for your hints Sinclair. This issue seems to be very, very rare. Google
gave me only two results when searching for a solution. I'll KDE forums and will
see, which version is available in the Debian Unstable repositories, currently
I'm on the Testing version.

Pascal

Pascal Bernhard
Schwalbacher Straße 7