[kdepim-users] Getting Constant Error Message

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 07:32:12 GMT 2012

On 03/11/2012 08:23, Pascal Hasko Bernhard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for about two weeks I keeping getting the following error message about every
> 10-15 minutes after I had searched for a specific mail (But hadn't been
> successful):
>
> Fehler bei der Suche.
> Durchsuchen von Ordner INBOX ist fehlgeschlagen. Die Serverantwort lautet:
> [CLIENTBUG] UID SEARCH error - Syntax of the search criteria is invalid
>
> "Error when searching.
> Search in folder INBOX failed. The server response is: [CLIENTBUG] UID SEARCH
> error - Syntax of the search criteria is invalid"
>

> Kmail gives me two options, either CANCEL or CONTINUE
> No matter what I select, the message keeps popping up regularly.
>
> And Kmail started to crash quite often, even when doing other things and no
> error message was displayed. :-(((
>
> I looked for an answer on Google, but the two results I got, did not help me.
> When doing the search, I did not set up a specific folder for the search results.
>
> Does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying message?
>
> KDE 4.8.4
> Kmail Version 1.13.7

This may not be of much help to solve your specific problem but I
believe that filter and search were heavily redesigned between version
4.8.x and 4.9.x .

For me on 4.9.x (4.9.2 at the moment) Search works better than in a long
time and filtering is less "oops it works, no it does not".

So if you can, just upgrade. If not I recommend kdeforums as a really
good place to find assistance.

For this problem though I have no real help, have never seen anything
like it.