[kdepim-users] Excessive CPU use from virtuoso-t

Russ Kepler russ at kepler-eng.com
Tue Nov 13 19:45:53 GMT 2012

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 09:06:59 PM O. Sinclair wrote:

> I edited the file
> /HOME/.kde/share/config/akonadi_nepomuk_feederrc
> to set the lines
> InitialIndexingComplete=false
> and
> DisableIdleDetection=true
>
> the first one seems to advice the system indexing is done and the second
> one to use CPU regardless of state
>
> Saved the file and did from konsole akonadictl stop, akondictl start.
>
> Watched cpu getting crazy with virtuoso-t and let it take time, how much
> depends on amount of mail of course.

Thanks!

I added "DisableIdleDetection=true" to akonadi_nepomuk_email_feederrc and
akonadi_nepomuk_feederrc, I didn't see "InitialIndexingComplete" so didn't add
it.  Looks like things are consuming one core and the database in
.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/repository/main/data/virtuosobackend/ seems to be
growing OK.  It's going to take a while to get to the 5GB the old one was
at...