[kdepim-users] Excessive CPU use from virtuoso-t

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 19:06:59 GMT 2012

On 13/11/2012 20:38, Russ Kepler wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 07:41:43 PM O. Sinclair wrote:
>
>> if if is IMAP I do not have much experience but when I have had bad
>> hickups I have normally resorted to
>> akonadictl stop
>> rename .kde/share/apps/nepomuk folder to something like nepomuk.old
>> akonadictl start
>
> It seems to be running again, but not really rebuilding the database very
> quickly.  I recall some setting somewhere that would encourage it to recreate
> indexes a bit faster?

I edited the file
/HOME/.kde/share/config/akonadi_nepomuk_feederrc
to set the lines
InitialIndexingComplete=false
and
DisableIdleDetection=true

the first one seems to advice the system indexing is done and the second
one to use CPU regardless of state

Saved the file and did from konsole akonadictl stop, akondictl start.

Watched cpu getting crazy with virtuoso-t and let it take time, how much
depends on amount of mail of course.