[kdepim-users] using imap for contact & calender in kubuntu 12.04 via akondi

Stephan Olbrich stephanolbrich at gmx.de
Mon May 14 18:14:48 BST 2012

Hi Samuel.

I'm no expert on this, but I'm using a similar setup.
What I usually do to get it working is this:

* setup the imap account and let it synchronize all email
* check if the contact / calendar folder contain emails with the kolab xml
stuff
(if the folders are not there: maybe you have activated the kopab resource
already and they are hidden? Or do you have some strange abonnement settings?)
* add the kolab resource
As you don't have a kolab server, akonadi does not recognize which folders
contain contact and calender data. This is why you get your error message, the
information is stored in some annotations which are only supported by the
kolab server. But you can set this information manualy in the preferences of
those folders.

Btw. akonadi-console is very useful for debugging those problems, as it shows
all folder and hides nothing.

Regards,
Stephan