[kdepim-users] Kmail and automatic completion

Markus Feilner lists at feilner-it.net
Sat Mar 10 13:21:13 GMT 2012

Am Freitag, 10. Februar 2012, 13:07:37 schrieb Markus Feilner:
(...)
> > Did you try my little waltz that at least works for me on 4.7.4 :
> Yes, I had tried that before, several times, without helping effect. I even
> tried it with a fresh, virgin user account, with no KDE config settings
> other than the standard - to make sure there is no old stuff involved.
> Didn't help.
>
> But I will try that again today or tomorrow and tell you if it worked -
> there had been some updates on my system in the meantime.
>
> I hope it helps..., CNPing adresses is really disgusting ...  :-)
(...)

Hi List,
after several recommendations from Cebit I just upgraded to KDE SC 4.8.1 to
try whether you were right with "KDE 4.8.1 is much better now, please try
that!". Thanks to all of you I met there!

Then I deleted my old contact acccount from the Akonadi Module. I checked
whether Nepomuk and Strigi are running, yes they do. I restartet Akonadi from
Akonaditray, no obvious problems.

Then I added my Kolab ressource for my adress book - that works fine so far,
but however I still have no autocompletion in new E-Mails (in fact in no E-
Mails...). Only exception is that Kontact/Kmail seeem to integrate my recently
used adresses, but not the adress book. However, if I click on "Choose"
("Auswählen") , I see all my contacts.

What can I do? The calendar seems to work fine, even with two calendar folders
on two different IMAP-Accounts (private and business) - on two different
servers! Nice.

This all describes a Ubuntu 11.10 system, with the newest Upgrades installed.

--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Markus Feilner

Feilner IT Linux & GIS
Linux Solutions, Training, Seminare und Workshops - auch Inhouse
Kötztinger Straße 6c                 93057 Regensburg
Telefon:                                          +49 941 8 10 79 89
Mobil:                                              +49 170 3 02 70 92

Mail: mfeilner at feilner-it.net   Web: http://www.feilner-it.net -
Google+: https://plus.google.com/105201437130417639658
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner

Linux Magazine Germany:        mfeilner at linux-magazin.de