[kdepim-users] KOrganizer CalDAV Problem

Henning Schnoor henning.schnoor at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 15:13:36 GMT 2012

Hi Kevin,

and thanks for your help!

>> one more from me (sorry for sending the info piece-wise and adding noise
>> to your inboxes...) I enables the Debug option in Akonadiconsole, and I
>> get the following messages when trying to sync the CalDAV resource (I
>> replaced my user ID wit XXX):

>> akonadi_davgroupware_resource_10 (0x8274a80) 603 LSUB 6 0 (RESOURCE
>> akonadi_davgroupware_resource_10) (ANCESTORS INF)
>> akonadi_davgroupware_resource_10 (0x8274a80) * 6 5 (NAME "calendar"
>> MIMETYPE (application/x-vnd.akonadi.calendar.todo
>> application/x-vnd.akonadi.calendar.event) REMOTEID
>> "https://cal.mail.uni-kiel.de/ucaldav/user/sunipXXX/calendar/"
>> REMOTEREVISION "" RESOURCE "akonadi_davgroupware_resource_10"
>> CACHEPOLICY (INHERIT false INTERVAL 5 CACHETIMEOUT -1 SYNCONDEMAND true
>> LOCALPARTS (RFC822)) ANCESTORS ((5 "akonadi_davgroupware_resource_10")
>> (0 "")) AccessRights "a" davprotocol "0")
>> akonadi_davgroupware_resource_10 (0x8274a80) 603 OK List completed
>>
>> The first of the above lines is red, so Akonadi sees some problem as
>> well. The others are blue. In the information window, I get
>
> No, I think the red indicates that this is the being of a command.
> And the protocol output looks ok, this is the resource listing its
> collections, most likely as part of the collection tree synchronisation.

OK, so this may be the part where the CalDAV resource tells Akonadi
which calenders are available. That part works, when adding the resource
I see the name of the Calender.

>> AgentBase(akonadi_davgroupware_resource_10): Unable to retrieve items:
>> There was a problem with the request. Unknown error code 0 Please send a
>> full bug report at http://bugs.kde.org. (400).

> That one indicates that there was a problem when Akonadi server asked the
> resource for the items, so this is most likely where the problem lies.

That makes sense, because the resource is visible, but the items are not.

> Do you see any protocol output (debugger tab) when you right click the folder
> in Akonadi console and choose reload from there?

The output that I posted in the last mail is from the debugger tab, and
is repeated (with increasing ID numbers) every time I hit manual refresh
or the auto-refresh fires. Is there a way to get a more verbose protocol
output? Or maybe I misunderstand your question.

>> Should I file an Akonadi bug? I'm using KDE 4.8.1 (openSUSE 11.4).

> Looks like a problem with the CalDav resource, check if there is a
> component/product for that.

Thanks, I'll do that!

All the best,
   Henning