[kdepim-users] KdePim and Ldap

Jörg Schaible Joerg.Schaible at scalaris.com
Fri Mar 16 10:47:18 GMT 2012

Hi Lívio,

Lívio Cipriano wrote:

> On 13 March 2012 10:01:45 Andras Mantia wrote:
>> It can load the address book from LDAP
>
> I know that. In fact I used that feature, many years ago, to transfer my
> MS contacts to Kontact. But I would like to connect it to a LPDA server.

Basically yes, it is possible to have an Akonadi LDAP resource. I know it,
because I have one and it is used within my Contacts and for the Email
address proposals sending mails. The resource was taken over when I switched
from KDEPIM 4.4.11 to 4.7.2 (running now 4.7.4).

However, in the KDEPIM system settings I cannot create a new one, there's no
such entry, when I try to add a new Akonadi resource. My LDAP resource is
not in the list of KDE resources, but there you *can* create a new LDAP
resource. I did not try it though.

- Jörg