[kdepim-users] Message disappear after moving it to another folder

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Jun 1 12:22:45 BST 2012

Am Freitag, 1. Juni 2012 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Am Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2012 schrieb O. Sinclair:
> > >
> > > Hi Bepi,

> > > file_db_data is only a cache.

> > > If a message is not in there it does not mean that it has been
> > > lost.
> > >
> > > Its important to look whether its still in the resource where it
> > > came from. I.e. on the IMAP server or the POP 3 maildir resource
> > > for example.
> > >
> > > Ciao,
> >
> > Hmm. NOO - we should not have to check the originating servers for
> > emails. I am only using pop3 and I SHOULD be able to confidently tell
> > KMail to not leave mail on server and STILL know it does not go
> > missing.
>
> You can say "we should not" and deny the current situation as long as
> you want.

Didn´t want to sound rude.

You looked into ~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/ and your mail client,
didn´t find your mail and concluded that its not there anymore.

That conclusion is not valid.

~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/ is not hint at all.

KMail is a hint in case the Akonadi cache is up to date and correct.

But the only definitive source for an answer is the storage location for
the mail.

I wanted to help you to find your mail in case its important for you.