[kdepim-users] How do I set filters in imap?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 05:02:55 BST 2012

On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 08:26:23 PM Bob Smits wrote:
> How do I get my mail to filter into the proper folders?

With imap its always better if you do the filtering at server side rather than
client side, that way you don't have to re setup your filters for each client
and simplifies the process of connection from multiple sites. Also its much
more efficient - with client side filter the client has to down load the msg,
process it and upload the changes to the server.

Most imap servers have a facility for creating server side filters - what is
you imap server? who is hosting it?

> And what the heck is
> a  sieve?

A server side scripting language and protocol - not many clients (kmail does)
or servers support it. Not simple or casual to use, but very powerful.
--
Lindsay