[kdepim-users] Can't display second account

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Mon Jul 30 17:47:45 BST 2012

On Monday, 2012-07-30, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On 30/07/12 14:56, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Monday, 2012-07-30, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >> When, in KMail 4.8.2, I try to add a second account I get the page
> >> for defining a resource.  I have put in my googlemail credentials,
> >> and I see it synching the account.  However, nothing is displayed
> >> in KMail. What am I missing?
> >
> > I think there is a bug in KMail's internals that makes it not see
> > folders of new resources. Restaring KMail should fix that.
> >
> > Unfortunately I don't remember if or when this got fixed :(
>
> Thanks.  That did sort Googlemail out.  I wonder if you have ideas about
> my third account - this is one that I use only when away from home - to
> connect to my home IMAP server.  On the resource page it tells me that
> it is offline.  Clicking Restart doesn't appear to do anything.  Any
> thoughts?

AFAIK also a bug that has been fixed in some more recent version.
I am afraid I am not so sure what can be done there, what you could try is to
run akonadiconsole and toggle the offline/online state of the resource manually.

Toggling offline/online mode in KMail might work as well.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring