[kdepim-users] Mailing list / Group created in address book does not work

Pascal Bernhard pascal.hasko.bernhard at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 20 23:04:35 BST 2012

Hey all,

I tried to create a 'group' from several contacts in Kmail's address
book. So I added the contacts in question to the new group called
'Mail-Group' and saved it. Then I attempted to write a message to the
group and in the address field, Kmail let me select "Mail-Group" as the
recipient. Unfortunately Kmail would not send the message as it
complained that 'Mail-Group at debian-sid' was not a valid email address
(debian-sid being my computer's name I gave it at install). Renaming the
group did not help.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue.

I'm on KDE 4.8.4  under Debian Testing 32bit and it's running Kmail 1.13.7

To preempt any confusion why the machine is named debian-sid but running
Debian Testing, I downgraded some 6 months ago, but the old name remained.

Thanks for your help,

Pascal
Pascal Bernhard
Schwalbacher Straße 7