[kdepim-users] Mailing list / Group created in address book does not work

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Sat Jul 21 03:59:54 BST 2012

On Saturday, July 21, 2012 12:04:35 AM Pascal Bernhard wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I tried to create a 'group' from several contacts in Kmail's address
> book. So I added the contacts in question to the new group called
> 'Mail-Group' and saved it. Then I attempted to write a message to the
> group and in the address field, Kmail let me select "Mail-Group" as
> the recipient. Unfortunately Kmail would not send the message as it
> complained that 'Mail-Group at debian-sid' was not a valid email address
> (debian-sid being my computer's name I gave it at install). Renaming
> the group did not help.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this issue.
>
> I'm on KDE 4.8.4  under Debian Testing 32bit and it's running Kmail
> 1.13.7
>
> To preempt any confusion why the machine is named debian-sid but
> running Debian Testing, I downgraded some 6 months ago, but the old
> name remained.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Pascal
> --
> Pascal Bernhard
> Schwalbacher Straße 7
> 12161 Berlin
> Germany

This was a problem for me in Kmail 4.8.0 but appears fixed in kmail
4.8.3. Not sure what was fixed but I know its Ok in my version (openSUSE
12.1) if you send it as a BCC:  groupxxx. I have not tried sending a
group as a To: item. This also happened on openSUISE 11.4 but was also
fixed there. I will log into 12.2 tommorrow and test it in KDE 4.8.4.
Will post result.

Sorry I cannot help more.

Russ
openSUSE 12.1(3.1.10-1.16-desktop x86_64)|KDE 4.8.3
"release 504"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB
DDR3|GeForce 8400GS(NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-295.59)