[kdepim-users] KMail SLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun Jan 15 21:45:51 GMT 2012

Am Sonntag, 11. Dezember 2011 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Thursday 08 December 2011, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> > This is FUD. Please stop spreading it. There is no need to make any
> > changes to alleviate the problems that exist in the (current)
> > standard setup that aims at standalone system users. All you, as
> > corporate user, need to change is the setup.
>
> If you are interested in actual solutions used in real corporate setups
> then please join the Kolab Users mailing list
> (https://kolab.org/mailman/listinfo/kolab-users).

Thanks, Ingo.

I just notice your answers now.

I accept that the issue with MySQL on NFS was not intended with the
design.

I think that a central database server might be good. But for on the road
workers that would mean making it accessible over the internet - which
requires an encrypted database connection.

But when its not a problem to have several local caches that might be an
alternative if one does not want this.

Thanks for pointing at the kolab mailing list. I thought it was only about
Kolab, not Akonadi. We settled for Zimbra as the groupware server.

Ciao,